- Where are you located, and is there an additional charge for mileage?
- What is your minimum fee for a service call?
- What do you charge for: opening a locked door (if the key is lost, stolen or misplaced); removing a lock (if the lock is broken or damaged); making a key, re-keying a lock, installing a lock?
Before hiring a locksmith:
- Verify the Business Name online at Business Name Search in Oregon: http://egov.sos.state.or.us/br/pkg_web_name_srch_inq.login
- Be sure the locksmith is bonded
- Verify that the Locksmith has a CCB License: http://search.ccb.state.or.us/search/
- Check for membership in a professional association (such as the Associated Locksmiths of America). Although it's not a requirement, many legitimate locksmiths do belong to professional organizations as a way to keep up to date on industry news.