header image
Home arrow News/Info arrow News arrow A Locksmith charged me more then what he said over the phone, what can I do?
A Locksmith charged me more then what he said over the phone, what can I do?

A Locksmith here in Beaverton came out to install a deadbolt and rekey one lock and charged me (my customer) $239.00. When I (my customer) called the locksmith to find out what the extra charges was but they would not say. So what came I (my customer) do to find out what the extra charges are?


1) You want to contact the Oregon Construction Contractors Board (CCB) Enforcement Officers and ask then for help.

Here is how to contact the CCB Enforcement Officers to find answers:
Their mailing address:
Construction Contractors Board
700 Summer St. NE, Suite 300
PO Box 14140
Salem, OR 97309-5052

Email Address:

Phone: 503-378-4621
Fax: 503-373-2007

 click here.


2) Before contacting the CCB; you should try and find the Locksmith's CCB Licensed number by going to the CCB's web site:

Then do a search for the Locksmith's Name (Contractor Search):

They write down the CCB License Number of that Locksmith and include it in the letter to the CCB  Enforcement Officers.

Make a copy of the invoice and write a letter to the CCB about your experience with the locksmith and what questions you want answers too. The CCB Enforcement Officers should get back to you in a few days to a week. They are very busy. 

<Previous   Next>
Resolving Problems w/Locksmith

If you have a problem with a locksmith, try to resolve the dispute with the company first. Make sure you act quickly. Some companies may not accept responsibility if you fail to complain within a certain time. If you can’t get satisfaction, consider contacting your local consumer protection agency for information and assistance.

You also can file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and your state Attorney General.

Members: 3
News: 434
Web Links: 86
We have 13 guests online